Sunday, July 8, 2012

MY FIRST OPERA EXPERIENCE


When you hear the word "opera" , you almost imagine some overweight performers on a darkened stage singing in a foreign language about revenge and unrequited love. But the OPERA I am talking about is a metaphysical fair that happens on a regular basis here in Oklahoma. Where people who run metaphysical stores can sell their wares, such as: stones, statues, clothing, ritual tools, and various other things. Psychics have tables set for you to have a reading done. It is all very cool and the place is filled with all sorts of feel good energy.

The whole purpose of me being there though was to promote our society and do a Q&A panel. Which was pretty rad, I felt like a rock star at a more adult oriented comicon. I was there with Chris and BJ which we were greatful for. Or else Chris would have had to man the whole thing himself. I was slightly nervous when we started, but after a minute it was easy sailing. We had a very awesome audience and they asked some pretty good questions. A few of them Chris and I had to mull over for a second. Poor BJ was really uncomfortable, but did a great job at answering questions.

We also had a good amount of people sign up to be investigated and possibly become investigators. All in all it was a good turn out all around. I really enjoyed being able to cater to a public audience and especially getting on a personal level with people after our time was up. There are a lot of people out there who are in desperate situations and up in arms about what to do. I am glad that I am able to help them to the best of my abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment