Saturday, June 23, 2012

ARAPAHO CEMETERY-ARAPAHO OKLAHOMA


I really haven’t been to too many cemeteries to investigate. Yet I believe that this one in particular takes the cake. It is nestled out in the middle of nowhere besides the few stray houses you come across. When the sun goes down over the horizon, it becomes black as pitch. Which is the ideal feel for a cemetery, you want it as dark and quiet as possible.

Some of the team members and I went in search of Robena Smith’s grave. It is said that if you stand before her grave that she will speak to you. To the right of her grave lies her father George. W. Smith, who was a very godly man during his life. Robena was killed while driving and front ended an ice cream truck, which thus decapitated her. The moment she died witnesses claimed to hear George lamenting, “Oh Lord Robena! My daughter Robena has not been saved!” At the time Robena in her father’s eyes had not been leading an ideal life. Not only will you hear Robena’s voice coming to you graveside, but you will hear George fervently exclaiming about Robena’s condemned soul.

When we first arrived it was already late and quite dark. As we first entered I was looking out the window and saw a solid, humanoid shape crouched down on knee among the graves. We weren’t there very long when we began seeing shadow people, things mimicking grave lights, and the sounds of the phantom dog. Also creeping amongst the graves was the humanoid. It would peer over and around the headstones. It would also scurry from one to the other, which was odd in itself. When it did so it would crawl very quickly on its hands and knees. At one point it crawled on the tips of its fingers and toes. Near the end of our visit the creature was close enough to make out more detail on it. It was a greyish white, about 3 feet tall, round head that was bald, had elongated hands and feet, and muscular chest. To put it simply it looked like a buff, naked toddler with a skin condition.
I also had a man talking to me, he would tell me, “You don’t belong here. You shouldn’t be here. You need to leave.” He was very adamant and persistent in getting us to leave. I also found an area where it felt like constant foot traffic. The last place I was it felt like rocking in gentle waves. I was filled with a warm, happy, brilliant light that nearly made me want to sing out loud. Suddenly I heard a woman in my head humming; she told me “I like you being here.” Near the end before we left she told me; “No please. Don’t go you’re the only one that understands me.” She became angry and it felt like somebody was behind me putting their hands on my chest. I even had finger indentions in my shirt around my shoulders. It felt like she was trying to plant me there like a tree. I had to see the names of the surrounding graves before leaving. The grave that was right next to me was that of a Maggie A. Watson.

Cathy said after we found Robena’s grave and then we went our separate ways. She remained at the gravesite and was looking up at an airplane passing by when a shadow darted across. She said it was pretty massive in size and had arms, legs, and enormous wings. It disappeared into a nearby treetop.

Then as we were leaving and driving down the road a black shadow emerged out of the road, almost as if erupting out of the street. It was tall with arms, legs, and enormous wings as it reached higher it dissolved into black mist. I automatically turned around and looked out of the back window; I saw what looked like a black wave rolling across the blacktop. It was blacker than the black asphalt and going at a fast speed. It stopped almost a foot away from the glow of the street light.

About five minutes after returning home I heard a sing song voice similar to the woman at the cemetery. I believe that it is possible Maggie followed me home, but if she did it wasn’t for very long.

We stopped at a restaurant called “Perry’s” it is almost like a Steak n’ Shake. While there we did our routine of adult oriented conversation and pondering what the hell we saw as we were leaving. It has been almost a week later and Cathy and I have been wracking our brains as to what we exactly saw. So far are deductions are as follows; gargoyle (especially with the solid, humanoid thing for me), thunderbird, and owl person (for the winged shadows Cathy saw). I am an avid person in studying cryptozoology and creatures of a cryptid like nature. I still cannot come to a conclusion of what was seen. All I can say is that I saw both things and can describe them to the best of my abilities. There is no one or nothing that can convince me otherwise of what I saw. Those things will always be with me and that is all there is to it.

1 comment:

  1. hello my name is Elizabeth and I go to school at Wilburton Middle School in Wilburton, Oklahoma and I want to learn about ghost catching I would greatly apreceate if you emailed me some tips at

    elizabeth.wmsvocal@yahoo.com

    Sincerly,
    Elizabeth Askew

    ReplyDelete