Saturday, June 9, 2012

ON THE TOPIC OF FRIENDING AND OF INFAMY

I have always wondered if I ever became famous or earned some sort of noriety. Whether I was a famous writer, or just doing something I loved. If it would have some sort of effect on my family and friends. The reason why I think about these things is because I have noticed there will always be some sort of stigma attached to your name. Good or bad it doesn’t matter, it will always be there.

My thoughts on this were furthered after sending a message to Zach Buell. Who is the younger brother of Ryan Buell famed paranormal investigator of Paranormal State, I had added him to my friends list on FaceBook about a month ago. I finally decided to message him and talk to him; he sent me this message in return:

“I feel asleep last night with my phone appearing me as online that's why I never messaged back, I don't know who you are and your probably just a fan of my brother which is cool and all but I'm nothing like my brother and I don't really have a relationship with him, we have the same dad and that's about it, I might see him once a year for a few hours, so if you added me so you could get to him or something like that it's not going to happen.”

I really don’t blame him for being so leery about me. If I were in a position such as his I would be to. It makes me feel really sorry for the kid because it is hard to trust people. When your name is always going to be forever synonymous to your older brother’s name. I sent this message back in reply:

“No. That's not why I added you at all. I am sorry that you feel that way though. I am just trying to branch out and make more friends. I will not lie I am a fan of your brother, but I think it’s wrong to manipulate people for selfish reasons. If I wanted to talk to your brother, I would just message him. lol So how are you?”

This is totally true, if I really was hell-bent on his brother. I would just message Ryan Buell on any website I could find, message the people connected to him nonstop, and flock to meet him everywhere that I possibly could. As if I were some deranged, crazed fan girl. The only thing I have done is friend some of the team from Paranormal State so I can keep up to date on things. If I don’t get an update from any of them then so be it. They are just another cyber personality taking space on my friend’s list. That’s all.

No comments:

Post a Comment