Wednesday, May 30, 2012

GUTHRIE OKLAHOMA JOB CORPS

I attended Guthrie Job Corp Center in the late summer of 2006. This is where I met my husband and best friend who is also a distant cousin of mine. I originally went to Job Corp to get my high school diploma and leave. Though while there I spent a couple of months in Culinary Arts not only because I was interested in cooking. But because my husband was in there. Unlike me he finished his trade and became a certified cook.

The history that I learned about it was that it was once a convent for nuns and later became Guthrie Job Corps. On the grounds they still have a cemetery where several of the nuns are still interred. During the time it was a convent there was a great fire and hardly anything was left except for the shed that is right next to the cemetery. Not only was it a monastery, but they also took in orphaned children. Not too far away from Job Corp was the old wayward boys home. The boys home was a hospital, sanitarium, and boarding school for boys with psychological issues. The home was demolished a few years ago. Also in Guthrie is the famed Stone Lion Inn, and the Pagan Temple.

During my stay at Guthrie Job Corp and the surrounding area I had a few strange experiences. Some that still bother me to this day. One of the main ones being the Jesus monument in the cemetery. It can be day or night if you take a picture of it. The face is completely distorted. The rest of the statue is completely fine except for the face. My only guess is that somebody or a group of people desecrated the cemetery in some way. At night my friends and I would walk by and a see a silhoutte of a nun flitting above the graves. Or walking to the shed. There are rumors that the mother superior didn't make it out of the fire.

In the boys dormitory they claimed that they saw a red and black mist with red eyes streak down the halls and it left an acrid stench. I have also heard from RA's of the boys dorm that they have seen it also and have smelled the stench. A few boys rooming together refused to stay in their room and wouldn't leave the RA office until they were given a new room. They claimed that this thing was terrorizing them on a nightly basis.

In my dorm we had some odd things happen as well. If the laundry room doors were not locked they would open and slam repeatedly on their own. We would hear someone running past our doors at night. A few girls claimed that objects would move about in their rooms. A girl I knew claimed that a shadow like man attacked her in her bathroom.

I don't know much about the 21+ dormitory except for lights flipping on and off.

Another place we experienced activity was an abandoned train in the woods. We had went AWOL so we could explore more of Guthrie. We came across a train with all of its main cars intact. It was a passenger train. Nothing happened until it began getting dark. We were in the third to last car. When we heard a few door slams. We thought somebody had gotten in the train with us. But as we hid in the car we were in we watched the door at the front of our car slam and the door at the end slam. So we got off the train and made like bats out of hell.

14 comments:

  1. i had the same shit happen!!! michael kiesel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I have had weird stuff happen to me in dorm 27 B floor. Also when I worked grounds we had to mow and trim up the cemetery we heard like church music by the statue. Also we had a horrible feeling on the cemetery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am currently attending, I started in August, 2012

    ReplyDelete
  4. me and my friend currently attend and have had several paranormal occurrences, does anyone know anything about the womens center right next to academics? we are intrigued by it and the cemetery/welding area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Went here in 1979..went to the ravine area, saw shadows, strange sounds. On old original building,we knew asBIG RED,you could crying,wailing,telling.slipped thru fence ,at night,once....walking back,heard a car,came straight toward us ,we jumped. Car slowed down but NO DRIVER. S. Bellflower

    ReplyDelete
  6. Attended in 1979..lot oif "odd" activity

    ReplyDelete
  7. Attended in 1979..lot oif "odd" activity

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait...GJCC had a cemitary (this must be a new thang we had big red but damn not the cemitary too...was there in 84 to 86.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter goes there to Job Corps and she telling me all kind of stories that's going on over there and about the nuns that keeps coming to the cemetery to visit and she said creeps her out her and her friends and she was telling me about the Jesus statue and everybody stories are the same and she said that they hear stuff in they dorm and how the boys hear things in their dorms this is so crazy

      Delete
  9. I attended in 1990, we knew all the stories of the convent and the cemetery, however what I found spookiest is the way the skunks sometimes appeared out of nowhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was there in 1990 I was in dorm 26 up stairs & there's was a nun walking around at night

      Delete
  10. No one mentioned to me about any Haunted stories about Guthrie Job Corps when I was there as far as I know of. If they did I may have forgotten all about it, but still I attended Job Corps in the period of May 15, 2012-August 29, 2013

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went to Guthrie job Corp 2x in 2010 in dorm 26 down stairs me in my roommate went to take showers before we left the room you know you're supposed to lock your closet in stuff we made sure we did after we came back all of our closet were open and all of our stuff was on our bed like if was our first day there creepy...then in 2012 I was sleeping in my bed in you know they do the bed check in stuff well the lady came in checked on us I heard her Come in close the door then all of a sudden the door comes open again in it didn't close back I went to look it was a nun standing there I cover my head so quick it stood open for like 5 minutes then slowly closed back weird

    ReplyDelete