Tuesday, May 1, 2012

MY GRANDMA'S HOUSE ON 31ST&SHIELDS OKALHOMA CITY OKLAHOMA

Some of the first things I remember are seeing orbs in my grandma's backyard at night. My cousin and I would both see them while sleeping in the guest room. It would freak us out and we would tack blankets over the curtains. I don't know the history of that house. I do know that an elderly woman lived in the house to the left of my grandma's. She would make me clothes out of scrap fabric. The woman died in the house. Though nothing ever happened.

A couple neighborhood boys and I would run around the neighborhood on our bikes. One of our favorite things was exploring abandoned houses. We found one house not that far from my grandma's. Apparently the people who had formerly lived there. Were jewelry makers and left several pieces behind. Along with toys and furniture. One time while we were there. We heard a light scratching sound. We went into the garage and watched as some pieces of glass pendants were moving along the floor. They weren't rolling or had been dropped, but actually moving. I actually took several of them and gave them to my mom.

There was another abondoned house down the street from my grandma's. We would go through the alley to get to it. We could never get in the house, but we would jump the steal fence. One of the odd things about this house was that it had so many trees in the backyard you couldn't walk through the yard. You had to climb tree to tree. All of the trees were peach trees, every single one of them. We would pick the peaches and eat them. One day we were in a tree in the middle of the mini 'peach forest', eating our fill. When peaches were being hurled at us. I know when fruit gets ripe, it gets heavy, and falls if its not picked. They weren't falling. They were being thrown. We never really ventured into the peach forest again after that.

In the house to the left of my grandma's where the elderly woman had lived. My uncle, aunt, and male cousin moved in. I would always take my aunt's spray water bottle and use it for random things. She wouldn't get upset, a little frustrated though. Until she finally bought me my own. My aunt was a heroine addict and that's how she finally met her end. My uncle did roofing and siding and had to travel alot for the job. One day he left for Texas for a week. On the way to his job site he dropped my cousin off at a family member's house. For the first three days of that week. We saw no hide nor hair of my aunt. I was really close to her and always wanted to be around her. The third day I finally decided to look in the windows. I saw her face down in the laundry room, blood pooled around her, and she was bloated. She was a green-blue color. I was the only one home and went and got a neighbor. Who was a childhood friend of my dad's (he's now deceased, he was murdered). He broke down the back door which led to the laundry room. She had died from an air bubble to her heart from injecting herself with heroine. She had laid in the house dead for three days. I never got to go to her funeral. My dad and them said I was too young. A few weeks after her death I was asleep in my grandma's house. When I heard the front door open, footsteps, and then someone in the bathroom, I heard my water bottle spritz a few times, and then heard someone walk out, and shut the front door. It had been raining that night. I looked and there were wet footprints on the wood floor. I followed them next door and saw them on the front steps of the house next door. My uncle moved out immediately after my aunt died, and the house was left abandoned. I think it was her way of saying goodbye since I didn't get to.

Across the street and a few houses down lived a woman named Gloria. She was very nice and took me and my cousins to church with her. She would also give us money to run down the street to Braum's and get her something. Whatever money was left she would have us get something to eat. One summer she went on a missionary trip with the church to South America. While they were there they had performed an exorcism on a woman. When they came back after a couple of weeks. Gloria wasn't the same. She wouldn't come out of her house, people from the church left prayer baskets on her porch, they would just sit there and rot. About two months later Gloria came to church and sat in the very back. Each service after that she would try to get closer to the front and it would look like she was in alot of pain. One day she was three pews from the altar. She stood up in the middle of service and tried to go to the altar. She collapsed before she could, and started choking. There was a bulge in her throat the size of a baseball, and it was moving. Members of the church hurriedly picked her up and took her out of the church. I never saw her again after that. One day a few months later I walked down to her house to see if she was there. Her two sons and her daughter were there packing up her stuff. They said she had died. I remember her eldest son complaining inside the house about 'all the satanic crap'. Which struck me as odd because the entire time I knew Gloria she was a God fearing woman. It makes me wonder what happened to her after the mission trip.

Also down the street was a creek the neighborhood kids and I would play in. One day me and one of my male cousins decided to explore the tunnels in the creek. We had only gone a few feet into the first one when my cousin was looking up at the concrete shelves. Something caught his eye and he climbed up the side of the wall and grabbed something off the shelf. It was a decompsing human finger. I was thoroughly freaked and disgusted. I ran back home and told my aunt and uncle. They called the police and met my cousin at the tunnel. The police explored the tunnel. They found a thumb, half of a jaw bone, part of a skull, a hand, and a leg bone. They said either someone had flushed the body parts or a homeless man died in the tunnels. I know that's not paranormal, but its creepy.

When I was in my early teens. Me and a female cousin were walking around the neighborhood. It was about one in the morning and we were around the creek. When we heard chanting. We of course became curious and walked around peeking over the edges into the creek bed. When we saw a girl and guy about our age wearing all black. The guy was in the middle of decapitating a dog, and the girl was cutting of pieces of the dog, and eating it. They had votive candles, and everything. We were trying to be quiet when I tripped over a rock. They looked up from the creek bed and we bolted. We called the police and they went and investigated. All they found was a headless dog stuffed in a drainage pipe.

My last experience was when I was in my early teens. My grandma likes collecting chickens, and clowns. She had gotten really into collecting the miniature porcelain clowns with the stuffed bodies.. She went to an antique shop and bought one that was made in 1915. She had four curio cabinets. Two in the living room, and two in the dining room. She placed it in one in the living room. Not only did it give me the creeps, but my older brother as well. I was the only person at my grandma's. I laid down to take a nap on the couch. When I woke up the clown was on the mantle of her fireplace. I picked it up and put it in a curio cabinet in the dining room. Watched some tv, went to the bathroom, and came out. It was on the mantle again. So I dec ided to go for a walk until my brother got home. When he came home. I told him about the clown. He said he had a similar experience with it. He became so unnerved he wrapped it in a sheet and placed it in a shoe box in my grandma's closet. He shut the closet door, and her bedroom door. Took a shower, and when he went in the living room. It was back on the mantle. He was the only there at the time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment